Texas Caviar has become a favorite dip to fix for events in the neighborhood. It makes a huge amount but keeps for several days. I have problems keeping up with the recipe so thought I might be able to find it here. If you make it, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together everything except the oil, vinegar and sugar.2. Add the vinegar, oil and sugar to a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil. Â Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add cooled oil/vinegar mixture to the chopped veggies, stir and make sure everything is well coated
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serve with scoop-able chips.